SALAD DRESSINGS (17)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CHEESE-BROCCOLI STUFFED PASTA|
FOR 4 SERVINGS YOU WILL NEED:
6 oz. giant shell-shaped pasta
2 qts. boiling water
2 tbsp. salt
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen cut broccoli
1 tbsp. butter
2 green onions, chopped
2 c. chopped fresh mushrooms
1 tsp. each dried basil and oregano leaves
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. milk
1 c. shredded Swiss or Mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. whipping cream
1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 15 minutes until "al dente". Rinse with cold water. Drain.
2. Cook broccoli as directed on package. Chop fine and set aside.
3. Heat butter in skillet. Add onions, mushrooms, basil, oregano, salt and broccoli. Stir to blend. Sprinkle with flour.
4. Add milk. Stir and heat to boiling. Cook until mixture thickens. Stir in shredded cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
5. Fill cooked pasta shells with a rounded tablespoonful of broccoli mixture. Place into buttered shallow baking dish in single layer.
6. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with cream. Cover and refrigerate at this point if desired.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Good served with: Italian salad, crusty bread and chianti, if you wish. Can also be served to take the place of both starch and vegetable in a menu.
(Mother-in-law of Sabrin Langhammer)
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|
Have your own version of this recipe? Share it here