USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 13.
ENERGY IN FOODS
|1 g carbohydrate||= 4 kcal|
|1 g protein||= 4 kcal|
|1 g fat||= 9 kcal|
|1 g alcohol||= 7 kcal|
Some of the Nutrition Facts viewed in the past few minutes:
- Desserts, puddings, banana, ready-to-eat
- Babyfood, dessert, peach cobbler, junior
- Syrups, table blends, pancake, with butter
- Rice, white, short-grain, raw
- Pork, fresh, loin, whole, separable lean and fat, cooked, braised
- Soy flour, defatted
- Pie, cherry, commercially prepared
- Candies, peanut brittle, prepared-from-recipe
- Cheese, muenster
- Chicken, broilers or fryers, leg, meat only, cooked, fried
- Mollusks, clam, mixed species, canned, liquid
- Ice cream cones, sugar, rolled-type
- Gravy, NESTLE, TRIO Supreme Chicken Gravy Mix, dry
- Bread, rye, toasted
- Soup, chicken broth, canned, condensed, commercial
- Cheese, gruyere
- Doughnuts, cake-type, plain, sugared or glazed
- Cookies, chocolate chip, commercially prepared, reg, higher fat, enriched
- Chicken, broilers or fryers, dark meat, meat only, raw
- Turnips, frozen, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
The Importance of Nutrition
Our days go by, proceeding in a pattern without presenting ample opportunity for new decisions concerning our nutrition. We tend to choose meals on the spur of the moment, often based on what's easy or available.
If the diet has been previously engineered, there is not ample time to reconsider the routine of daily food preparation or selection.
Each food choice we make during the course of a day will influence health for better or worse. These choices, when repeated over years and decades may have major consequences for overall health.
To maintain a certain level of nutritional savvy, occasionally the strategy of choosing our diet and methods of food preparation should be rethought. Dietary goals should be re-evaluated based on changing tastes and the nutritional knowledge which has been made available by recent studies and current scientific data.
These pages attempt to provide a well rounded sampling of currently available information for those who wish to have sufficient knowledge to be able to make intelligent decisions concerning nutrition on a daily basis, even when time is short.
FDA Nutritional Information:
top of page