LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
LOW CALORIE (17)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|WALNUT SWEET POTATO PIE|
1 1/3 c. toasted walnuts, recipe below
1 (10 inch) unbaked pie shell
1 can (1 lb.) sweet potatoes or yams in syrup
1/2 c. syrup from sweet potatoes
3 lg. eggs
2/3 c. brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 c. milk
1 tbsp. grated orange rind
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
Orange Walnut Topping (recipe below)
Walnut halves for decoration
1 c. (9 oz.) aerosal whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Sprinkle 1/3 cup toasted walnuts into bottom of pie shell. Reserve remaining walnuts for orange walnut topping, set aside.
2. In medium bowl, mash sweet potatoes smoothly, then add reserved liquid and beat with electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, beat again until blended.
3. Add brown sugar, milk, orange rind, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Beat at low speed, then at medium speed until blended. Pour into prepared pie shell.
4. Bake on lowest rack of oven about 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set. Cool thoroughly on rack.
5. Spoon Orange Walnut Topping around outer edge of pie, making a ring about 2 inches wide. Decorate center with walnut halves. Cut into wedges to serve. Topping each with a whipped cream rosette. Makes 1 (10 inch) pie. 10 servings.
Drop 1 1/3 cups walnuts into 1 pint boiling water and boil 3 minutes. Drain well and spread on baking sheet. Toast at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes; until lightly browned. Turn out at once to cool.
ORANGE WALNUT TOPPING:
In small saucepan, combine: 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and simmer slowly 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon onto pie while topping is warm.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|