QUICK BREADS (29)
SOUR CREAM LOVERS (45)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|TEX-MEX SWEET STUFFED PEPPERS|
1 c. cream cheese
1/2 oz. heavy cream
3/4 lbs. diced cooked chicken breast
4 oz. grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/8 c. diced onion
1 tbsp. seeded & minced jalapeno pepper
1/2 tsp. diced fresh garlic
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
8 oz. chicken broth
8 sprigs of fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Rinse peppers. Cut peppers in half, remove core and seeds. Chop and reserve 2 peppers.
2. Beat cream cheese with eggs and cream, stir in reserved chopped peppers and remaining ingredients except chicken broth. Mix well.
3. Stuff reserved pepper halves with chicken mixture and place in a baking dish that will hold them snugly. Pour the chicken around the peppers.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until peppers are soft and wrinkled but still intact.
5. For individual servings, place half pepper on a plate. Garnish with sprig of cilantro.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|