LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
FISH DISH (21)
QUICK BREADS (29)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|COCONUT PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE|
1. Soften 1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water.
2. Combine in top of double boiler, 1 1/4 cups mashed cooked pumpkin, 3/4 cup evaporated milk (undiluted), 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Cook over boiling water 10 minutes stirring constantly.
3. Stir in softened gelatin until thoroughly dissolved.
4. Chill until slightly thickened.
5. Beat 2 egg whites until foamy.
6. Add 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed, continue beating until stiff.
7. Fold into pumpkin mixture with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 cup coconut (toasted). Spread 3/4 cup coconut thinly in shallow pan. Toast in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes or until delicately browned stirring frequently. Save 1/4 for topping.
8. Turn into cooled 9 inch baked pastry shell.
9. Chill until firm.
10. Top with whipping cream.
11. Decorate with 1/4 cup coconut toasted.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|