LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|VEGETARIAN STUFFED CABBAGE|
1 head cabbage
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1 tsp. bottled minced garlic
2 carrots, sliced thin
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1 sm. onion, chopped, or 3 scallions, chopped
4-6 c. cooked brown rice
1 c. chopped walnuts
8 oz. tofu, cubed
1 tbsp. caraway seeds
Soy sauce to taste
Pinch of thyme
Pinch of basil
Pinch of oregano
Pepper to taste
3 c. tomato sauce (bottled or homemade)
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Rinse cabbage. Fill a pot with enough water to cover cabbage. Bring water to a boil. Place whole cabbage in water and blanch for 3 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from pot and separate leaves from cabbage carefully. Place cabbage back in water for 2 to 3 minutes, if necessary, to remove leaves easily. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add carrots, mushrooms and onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add rice; stir to combine. Add walnuts, tofu, caraway seeds, soy sauce, thyme, basil, oregano and pepper; stir gently. Turn off heat.
3. Spread cabbage leaves out and place 2 tablespoons rice mixture in center of each. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
4. Cover bottom of two heat-proof 9x9 inch baking dishes with tomato sauce. Carefully place rolls in. Top with sauce and cheese.
5. Place baking dishes one at a time on a steaming rack over boiling water in a wok or pot. Cover and steam for 10 minutes. Check water level during cooking time, adding more, if needed.
6. Place first baking dish in warm 300 degree oven to keep hot while steaming second dish.
7. Serve. Also delicious steam-reheated the next day. Serves 6.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|