|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|EASIEST & BEST HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE|
1/2 cup butter
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
pepper, to taste
This by far is the easiest and best Alfredo sauce recipe I have found yet! I love pasta and Alfredo and searched forever to make it homemade. I think that too many recipes have too many ingredients and that others are too watery. My girlfriend loves it and makes me cook it at least once a week.. plus you can add it to so many different things! This is a great, simple recipe to make for someone coming over for a dinner date ;)
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
2. Once butter is almost melted, add the package of cream cheese. It's easiest to cut it into 4 pieces so that it melts quicker.
3. Once butter and cream cheese are mixed well together, add the cup of half and half, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and then shake pepper on top. Stir all together until well mixed.
4. Once it's mixed well and saucelike, take it off the burner and set aside so it can thicken up. Stir every few moments.
5. DONE! Pour over your favorite pasta, I love it with tortellini!
Don't forget some breadsticks to dip in the extra sauce! :)
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|