|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|NO - KNEAD ROLLS AND DOUGHNUTS|
2 pkg. yeast
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. warm water
1 c. milk
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
4 1/2 c. bread flour
1. Add yeast, sugar and warm water together and let proof.
2. Warm the milk along with the shortening until its melted and warm.
3. Mix together the sugar, vanilla, salt and beaten eggs.
4. Add the warm milk and shortening, then the yeast mixture.
5. Add the flour 1 to 2 cups at a time and mix.
6. Put into a warm location to rise, about 1 hour.
7. If making caramel rolls, combine 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup light Karo syrup together and heat until it boils and then another minute or two. Pour into the pans that will contain the rolls while it is still hot and liquid.
Cinnamon and Caramel Rolls: After the dough has risen the first time, divide it into half and roll each portion out to about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with a sugar/cinnamon mixture and raisins. Roll the dough up, seal the edges and then cut into 1 1/2 inch discs. Place into greased 9 inch cake pans (with or without the caramel) and let rise again until double. Approximately 9 rolls can fit into a 9 inch pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees until golden and then invert onto a cooling rack.
Doughnuts: After rising the first time, roll the dough out until its 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut the doughnuts out and place on floured surface to rise again. Cover with a towel. Fry the doughnuts in hot oil and then drain them a short while. While still warm, put 5 or 6 into a paper bag with a sugar/cinnamon mixture and shake. They're best when first made.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|