HOLIDAY COOKIES (99)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
SUMMER BEVERAGES (25)
PASTA LOVERS (27)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
1/3 c. (80 mL) plus 2 tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
2 tbsp. (30 mL) lemon juice
1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
1 sm. onion, finely chopped
1 lb. (450 g) flounder or haddock fillets (4 to 8 pieces)
2 lg. eggs
1 tbsp. (15 mL) milk
3/4 c. (180 mL) fine dry unseasoned bread crumbs
1/2 c. (125 mL) all-purpose flour
1/4 c. (60 mL) plus 2 tbsp. (30 mL) butter
1 sm. clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
1. Whisk 1/3 cup (80 mL) of the oil, the lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl; stir in onion. Transfer marinade to noncorrosive baking dish.
2. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Place fish in marinade in baking dish; spoon marinade over fish to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate covered, turning fish over occasionally, 1 hour.
3. Whisk eggs and milk in shallow bowl. Spread bread crumbs on plate. Spread flour on waxed paper or on plate. Remove fish from marinade; pat dry with paper towels. Discard marinade.
4. Dip fish to coat both sides evenly, first in flour, then in eggs, then in bread crumbs. Press crumb coating firmly onto fish. Place on waxed paper; refrigerate 15 minutes.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the butter and remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) oil in large skillet over medium heat. When foam subsides, add fish. Cook, turning once, until fish is golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
6. Melt remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook until butter turns light brown, 1 to 2 minutes; stir in parsley. Pour browned butter over fish. Serve at once with lemon wedges. Makes 3 to 4 servings.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|