LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|SOPA DE LIMON|
6 corn tortillas, cut in wedges
1 chicken breast, boned & skinned
2 onions - 1 quartered, 1 chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 c. chicken broth
1/2 tsp. thyme leaves
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 green chilies, chopped
Juice & zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp. grapefruit zest
Cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Spread tortilla wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet, then air dry, in a 200 degree oven for about 20 minutes, turning once.
2. Meanwhile, in a soup pot, combine chicken breast, broth, garlic, quartered onion, peppercorns and thyme. Raise to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Lift chicken from broth and shred with 2 forks. Strain broth and reserve.
4. In soup pot, heat olive oil, then saute chopped onion and chilies over medium heat until onion is soft. Add tomato and saute about 5 minutes, stirring all the while.
5. Pour broth back into soup pot, salt to taste and raise to a boil. Add lemon juice and zest and grapefruit zest. Simmer 20 minutes or so.
6. Ladle soup over tortilla wedges in serving bowls and garnish.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|