ST. PATRICKS DAY (33)
COMFORT FOODS (100)
PARTY FOODS (20)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CLASSIC CRISCO SINGLE PIE CRUST|
1 1/3 level c. all-purpose flour
1/2 level tsp. salt
1/2 level c. Crisco shortening
3 tbsp. cold water (some brands of flour may need more water)
1. Spoon flour into measuring cup and level. Mix flour and salt in medium bowl.
2. Cut in Crisco using pastry blender (or 2 knives) until all flour is blended in to form pea size chunks.
3. Sprinkle with water 1 tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with fork until dough will form a ball.
4. Press between hands to form 5-6 inch "pancake" flour rolling surface and rolling pin lightly. Roll dough into circle.
5. Trim 1 inch larger than upside down pie plate. Loosen dough carefully.
6. Fold into quarters. Unfold and press into pie plate.
7. Fold edges under and flute.
For baked pie shell heat oven to 425 degrees. Thoroughly prick bottom and sides with fork (50 times) to prevent shrinking. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|
Have your own version of this recipe? Share it here