HOLIDAY COOKIES (99)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
SUMMER COOLERS (34)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|PARMESAN CHICKEN STRIPS WITH MARINARA|
8 lg. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 c. fresh bread crumbs or store bought
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. white pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. parsley flakes
1 lb. melted butter
1 1/2 c. flour
4 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 c. chopped med. onion
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 c. tomato sauce
2 tsp. Worcestershire
2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
Pinch of sugar
1/3 c. fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
2 tsp. tomato paste
1/2 c. grated Romano cheese
1) In saucepan saute onion and garlic in olive oil until transparent.
2) Add remaining ingredients to pan and let simmer for one hour.
3) Set aside but keep warm.
For Parmesan Chicken Strips:
1) Cut chicken breasts into 1/2 inch strips and set aside.
2) Combine bread crumbs, cheese and spices into large bowl.
3) Melt butter and put into another bowl and do the same for the flour.
4) Take chicken strips and dredge them in the flour (pat off excess) then into the butter and then into the bread crumb mixture. (Make sure all surfaces are coated equally.) Place strips onto a cookie sheet and repeat steps with remaining chicken.
5) Bake strips at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Serve 3-4 strips per person along with the warm marinara sauce for dipping.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|