FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
LIBBY'SŪ PUMPKIN (20)
PERFECT PORK (24)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|REFRIGERATOR CINNAMON ROLLS|
The following cinnamon rolls can be assembled the night before serving and refrigerated. While the oven preheats, let the rolls stand at room temperature, then bake for a quick breakfast treat.
One dozen rolls. Preparation time: 45 minutes. Rising time: 1 1/2 hours. Refrigerating time: overnight. Baking time: 30 minutes.
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter
2 pkg. dry active yeast
1/2 c. warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
1 tsp. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 1/2 c. flour, about
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cinnamon
6 tbsp. melted butter
1. For dough, heat milk to simmer. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar, salt and butter; cool to lukewarm. Sprinkle yeast over warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar in large bowl; let stand until bubbly. Stir in milk mixture, beaten eggs and half the flour. Beat until smooth.
2. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
3. Place in lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour. Punch down; turn out onto floured surface. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
4. For cinnamon filling, mix sugar and cinnamon. Brush a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with melted butter.
5. Roll dough on lightly floured surface to a thin rectangle. Brush dough with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon mixture. Roll up jelly-roll fashion starting at the narrow end.
6. Cut rolls at 1 1/2 inch intervals, using the following method: Place a piece of thread under the rolled dough and pull thread up and around sides. Criss-cross thread at top, then pull quickly. (Using the thread to cut the dough eliminates applying pressure with a knife, which would flatten the pinwheel.)
7. Put rolls, cut sides up, in the prepared pan so that the spiral shows. Drizzle any remaining melted butter over all. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
8. Next morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, let rolls stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes.
9. When oven is heated, bake rolls until puffed and golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Unmold and drizzle with confectioners' sugar glaze (recipe follows). Serve warm.
CONFECTIONERS' SUGAR GLAZE:
1 c. confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Half and half
Sift sugar into bowl. Stir in vanilla and enough half and half to make a medium-thick glaze. Use immediately. Glaze can be applied to hot rolls; it will melt and add a translucent sheen to the rolls. Or apply to warm rolls for a glazed appearance. For 6 giant rolls. Preparation time: 5 minutes.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|