|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
1 package (1 lb) round steak
1 1/2 cups red wine (Merlot)
4 Cloves Fresh garlic, sliced thin
3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning (I add extra oregano)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 lb pasta
1. On medium, heat olive oil in large skillet with cover
2. Chop and/or dice onion
3. Separate and slice garlic very thinly. 4. Add onion to skillet and cook until slightly brown.
5. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute being careful not to burn garlic.
6. Add round steak and brown on both sides. This may require turning up heat, but be careful not to burn garlic.
7. Once beef is browned on both sides, add wine, simmer 3-5 minutes.
8. Add both cans of tomatoes and seasoning.
9. Cover and simmer on stove top for 90 minutes or until meat is tender enough to pull apart easily with fork.
10. Boil and drain pasta. I like to add olive oil while boiling and after so noodles don't stick together.
11. Remove meat from dish.
12. Add 1-3 tablespoons of tomato paste to the skillet to thicken the sauce. Add 1 tablespoon at a time so it can be stirred in consistently.
13. Either serve meat in steaks, or pull meat apart and add to sauce.
14. Serve with pasta.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|