LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
QUICK BREADS (17)
EASY DESSERTS (11)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|SELF-RISING FLOUR YEAST ROLLS|
1 c. milk, scalded
1 c. hot water
1/2 c. vegetable shortening
1/2 c. sugar
2 med. eggs
1 1/4 oz. pkg. dry yeast
6 c. Southern Biscuit self-rising flour
1. Dissolve the yeast in 3 tablespoons of warm water and set aside.
2. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Melt the shortening in a small saucepan on low heat and set aside.
4. In large bowl, combine the milk, water, shortening, sugar and mix well.
5. Allow to cool until lukewarm.
6. Add eggs and yeast, and mix well again.
7. Slowly add the flour to the liquid mixture and mix thoroughly. The mixture will be somewhat loose and spongy.
8. Leaving the dough in the bowl, cover with a cloth, allow the dough to rise at room temperature.
9. When the dough has doubled in size, remove the dough from the bowl. Beat the dough down to its original size, then return the dough to its bowl.
10. Cover the dough again with a cloth, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
11. Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and transfer it onto a lightly floured smooth surface.
12. Knead the dough until smooth.
13. Divide the dough piece in half.
14. Make sure you have lightly floured your rolling surface and your rolling pin. Working with 1/2 of the dough at a time, roll the dough out to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
15. Cut the dough into 2 inch circles, exactly as you would a biscuit.
16. Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter.
17. Fold the rolls in half (semicircles) and pinch them closed.
18. Again brush the tops with butter.
19. Transfer the rolls onto a lightly greased baking pan, and cover. Allow the rolls to rise until their size has doubled.
20. While the rolls are rising, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
21. Bake the rolls at 400 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
22. If you would like to store some rolls in your freezer, bake the rolls for only 5 to 6 minutes at 400 degrees, allow to cool, then wrap, and place in the freezer compartment.
23. When ready to use, bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
24. This recipe will yield 3 to 4 dozen rolls.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|