LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
QUICK BREADS (29)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CATHIE'S PUMPKIN PIE|
1 can (28oz - 796ml) E D. Smith pure pumpkin
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 c. packed light brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 170 ml can (approx 3/4 c.) Carnation thick cream (25% m.f.)* + enough evaporated milk to equal 1-1/2 c.
2 unbaked homemade or frozen pie shell **
See Notes below about ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a large bowl, beat together pumpkin and eggs until well mixed.
3. In small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and salt. Add spiced brown sugar to pumpkin mixture and mix until smooth.
4. Add vanilla to Cream/Evaporated milk mixture. Mix well into pumpkin.
5. Divide and pour the filling into each pie shell.
6. Bake at 425F for 20 min. Reduce oven temp to 350F and continue baking another 50 min or until knife when inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove and let cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
*Carnation Thick Cream comes in a pull top can and has a thick consistency much like yogurt. It is not found in a carton in the dairy section.
**Using deep dish pie shell will result in a shortage of filling and require a slightly longer baking time. However leftover filling can easily be used up in making pumkpin tarts.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|