|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|MINT JULEP PIE|
Preparation time: 30 minutes. Chilling time: 3 to 4 hours. Baking time: 8 minutes at 375 degrees. Serves: 9. (One 9-inch pie.)
24 chocolate wafers
1/4 c. butter, melted
20 lg. marshmallows
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. bourbon
1 tbsp. green creme de menthe
1 c. whipping cream
Gree food coloring (opt.)
1 oz. shaved unsweetened chocolate (opt.)
Mint leaves, for garnish
Strawberries, for garnish
1. In 1 bowl, crush chocolate wafers into fine crumbs. Add melted butter. Mix until crumbly.
2. Pat onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan, reserving some for topping.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
4. In a small saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk. Heat slowly, stirring frequently, until marshmallows melt and mixture is smooth and creamy.
5. In a bowl, combine bourbon and creme de menthe. Stir half into marshmallow mixture. Cool.
6. Whip cream. Fold in remaining liquor and food coloring, if used. Fold marshmallow mixture into whippe dcream.
7. Turn into crust. Smooth top. Chill 3 to 4 hours until filling is firm.
8. Sprinkle reserved crumbs and shaved chocolate, if used, on top of pie. Garnish with mint and strawberries.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|