|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CARIBBEAN SEAFOOD SALAD|
Preparation time: about 35 minutes. Chilling time: 30 minutes to 6 hours. Serves: 4.
1 lobster tail, about 3/4 lb., thawed
8 lg. shrimp, uncooked
2 qts. boiling water
1 lemon, sliced
2 ripe papayas (about 5 inch size), peeled, seeded, diced 3/4 inch
2 green onions, minced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. salt (opt.)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
1 head Romaine lettuce
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
3/4 to 1 c. olive or salad oil
1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
1/2 to 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Into boiling water, place lobster tail, shrimp and lemon. Cook shrimp until pink. Remove shrimp. Continue to cook lobster according to package label directions. Cool in cold water. Shell fish.
2. Cut lobster into 3/4 inch pieces. Place in a bowl. Add shrimp. Toss.
3. Add papayas and onions. Blend lightly.
4. Fold in oil, lime juice, salt, if used, and pepper. Cover. Chill 30 minutes to 6 hours.
5. To make Lime Mayonnaise, in food processor or blender, combine egg yolk, lime juice and mustard, with processor on, slowly drizzle in enough oil to make a creamy mayonnaise. Taste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill.
6. Just before serving, add avocado to salad. Line a bowl with lettuce leaves. Pile salad into center. Serve Lime Mayonnaise alongside.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|