HOLIDAY COOKIES (99)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
MORTON® SALT (13)
BREADS AND ROLLS (43)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
1 sm. glove garlic, crushed
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 (15 oz.) pkg. Ricotta cheese
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
4 oz. Mozzarella, cubed
1 carrot, shredded (1/2 c.)
1 (1 lb.) loaf white or whole wheat frozen bread dough, thawed according to pkg. directions
1. In small skillet, melt butter. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring about 3 minutes. Stir in oregano. Set aside.
2. Squeeze liquid from spinach, chop more finely.
3. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
4. In medium bowl combine onion mixture with all ingredients but bread dough.
5. Cut bread dough crosswise into 6 equal pieces. On floured surface roll each piece into 5 inch circle, stretching with hands.
6. Place 1/6 of mixture (1/2 cup) on 1 side of the dough circle. Lightly brush edges of other side with water; fold over filling and press lightly to seal. Gently roll up edges and pinch together. Prick top of calzone several times with fork.
7. Place calzones on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving - filling is hot!
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|