|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
1/2 lb. lean ground pork
1/2 lb. ground veal or beef
1 c. soft bread crumbs (2 slices)
1 sm. onion, minced (1/4 c.)
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/3 c. club soda
3 tbsp. butter
Braised Red Cabbage (recipe follows)
1. Combine pork, veal, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, nutmeg and club soda in a large bowl. Mix well and refrigerate until stiff enough to shape, about 1 hour.
2. Shape into oval meatballs about 2 1/2" long and 1 1/2" in diameter, using 2 tablespoons of mixture for each.
3. Arrange one layer deep, on a tray. Cover loosely and refrigerate until quite firm to the touch.
4. Brown, part at a time, in the butter in a large skillet. When all are browned, return to skillet and lower heat; cover. Cook very slowly for 25 minutes or until well done.
5. Spoon cabbage onto large platter. If there is extra liquid left in skillet after braising cabbage, cook over high heat until it is almost evaporated. Pour over cabbage on platter, top with meatballs and sprinkle with parsley.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|