THANKSGIVING SIDES (32)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
SLOW COOKER (11)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES WITH BANANA|
3/4 c. Butter Flavor Crisco
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 c. mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 med.)
1 3/4 c. quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. coarsely chopped walnuts
2 tbsp. Butter Flavor Crisco
1/4 c. mashed banana
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 c. confectioners' sugar
Finely chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheet with Butter Flavor Crisco. Set aside.
2. Cream 3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Add 1 cup mashed bananas. Mix until creamy.
3. Combine oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg. Stir into creamed mixture. Mix in 1/2 cup nuts. Drop 2 level measuring tablespoonfuls of dough into a mound to form each cookie. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool one minute on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
5. For frosting, cream 2 tablespoons Butter Flavor Crisco, 1/4 cup mashed bananas and lemon juice. Add confectioners' sugar. Beat until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts, if desired. 5 dozen 2 inch cookies.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|