LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
LUCKY LEAF® (10)
SOUR CREAM LOVERS (45)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
1 (10 oz.) container pitted dates
1 (8 oz.) pkg. dried figs, sliced
1 (8 oz.) can pecan halves
1 (4 oz.) container green candied cherries
1 (4 oz.) container red candied cherries
4 c. all-purpose flour
6 lg. eggs, separated
1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. sugar
1 c. butter (2 sticks), softened
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1 (27 oz.) jar mincemeat
2 tbsp.light corn syrup
1. Grease 10 inch tube pan with removable bottom. Reserve 1/2 cup dates, 1/2 cup fig slices, 1/2 cup pecan halves, 1/4 cup green cherries, 1/4 cup red cherries to decorate cake later. Dice remaining dates and cherries. In medium bowl, combine diced dates and cherries with remaining fig slices and pecans; toss with 1 cup flour until well coated.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In another large bowl, with same beaters and with mixer at low speed, beat brown sugar, regular sugar and butter until blended. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium; add egg yolks, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; continue beating until well mixed, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula. With spoon, stir in mincemeat, fruit mixture and remaining flour. Gently fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
4. Spoon batter into pan. Bake 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake pulls away slightly from side of pan. Cool cake in pan 30 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
5. When cake is cool, prepare topping: In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, heat reserved fruit and nuts with corn syrup 5 minutes, stirring; arrange on cake.
6. To store, wrap fruit cake tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate. Makes one 6 1/4 pound fruit cake or 24 servings. About 470 calories per serving.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|