THANKSGIVING SIDES (32)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
EASY BAKING (29)
SALAD DRESSINGS (17)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH STUFFED CABBAGE|
12 to 14 lg. cabbage leaves
1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 c. rice
1 family size can tomato soup
Salt, pepper to taste
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 lg. can sauerkraut
1 qt. tomatoes, canned
1 tbsp. sugar
2 apples, sliced
1. Soften cabbage leaves in boiling water until limp.
2. Mix hamburger, eggs, onion, rice, cumin, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper.
3. Put 1/2 cup (approximately) of hamburger mixture onto a cabbage leaf and make a roll and fasten with toothpicks, creating 12 to 14 rolls.
4. Rinse sauerkraut and place in a greased roasting pan at least 3-5 inches deep. Slice apples over sauerkraut.
5. Lay cabbage rolls over sauerkraut.
6. Blend tomatoes into puree, mix with the tomato soup and 1/2 can water until blended.
7. Pour over cabbage rolls and kraut. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours. Check center of one roll for doneness of meat mixture.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|