LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
BAKING FAVORITES (25)
LUCKY LEAF® (10)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|BASIC PIZZA DOUGH|
1 c. warm water
3/4 oz. fast-acting yeast
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
2 1/4 c. unbleached white flour, plus up to 2 c. for kneading
1 tbsp. salt
1/2 c. low-fat yogurt
2 tbsp. cornmeal
1. Pour the warm water into a large mixing bowl, add the yeast and gently stir the water with a fork until the yeast dissolves. Combine both flours and the salt and slowly add the flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, to the dissolved yeast. Add the yogurt and continue to mix the ingredients until the dough becomes soft and sticky, about 2 minutes.
2. Sprinkle a small handful of flour onto a flat surface. Knead the dough until it is smooth, about 5 minutes, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking. Brush the inside of a large bowl with the olive oil. Put the dough in the bowl and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Put the bowl in a warm place and let it rise until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Punch the dough to release the air, reform it into a ball, cover the bowl with the plastic wrap and let it rise for another hour.
3. Take the dough out of the bowl and divide it evenly into 8 balls. If you don't plan to use the dough within 2 hours, wrap each individually and refrigerate for up to 8 hours before using. The dough can also be frozen. If using frozen dough, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before shaping.
4. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. To shape the dough, sprinkle a handful of flour onto a flat surface. Using a rolling pin, roll each ball into a thin disk, about 1/8" thick and 6 to 8 inches in diameter, adding more flour when necessary to prevent sticking.
5. Lightly dust two baking sheets with the cornmeal. Put four rounds of dough on each baking sheet and put your favorite toppings on. Bake the pizzas until the dough turns golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Yield: 8 individual pizzas.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|