HOLIDAY COOKIES (99)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
LUCKY LEAF® (10)
MINUTE® RICE (25)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CINNAMON WALNUT BUTTERHORNS|
1 1/2 c. milk, scalded
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/4 c. warm water, 110 degrees
6 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. soft butter
1/2 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cinnamon
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp. milk
1. In large bowl, combine hot milk and butter. Stir until butter is melted. Cool. Add eggs and sugar.
2. Dissolve yeast in the warm water. Let stand 5 minutes until bubbly. Add to milk mixture.
3. Beat in flour, by hand or with heavy duty mixer, keeping dough satiny.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 4 days. Divide dough into 4 parts.
5. On floured surface, roll each part at a time to make 12 inch circles.
6. Spread each quarter with 1/4 of the butter. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/4 of it over the butter. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the walnuts.
7. Cut into 8 equal wedges. Roll each wedge starting with the wide end to make a crescent shape. Place on greased cookie sheet.
8. Let rise until puffy, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Mix egg and milk to make glaze. Brush rolls with the mixer.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Makes 32 butterhorns.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|