THANKSGIVING SIDES (32)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
MINUTE® RICE (25)
LOW CALORIE (17)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
1 med. size onion, sliced
1/2 c. sliced celery
2 tbsp. butter
1 sm. sweet green pepper, halved, cored, seeded & cut into 1/4" strips
1 sm. clove garlic, minced
3 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
1 (8 oz.) can plum tomatoes, drained & diced
3/4 c. water
1/2 c. enchilada sauce, mild or hot
1/4 c. sliced pimiento stuffed olives
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. liquid red pepper seasoning
2 c. sliced mushrooms (about 10 oz.)
1 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese (6 oz.)
1 1/2 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz.)
1 c. vegetable oil
18 corn tortillas
Spicy Ground beef (recipe follows)
6 pitted black olives
3 c. shredded iceberg lettuce (1/2 med. size head)
3 med. size tomatoes, cored & diced
1. Prepare Colorado Sauce: Saute onion and celery in butter in medium size saucepan until vegetables soften; about 3 minutes. Add green pepper and garlic; saute 5 minutes longer.
2. Pour in tomato sauce, plum tomatoes, water, enchilada sauce, pimiento stuffed olives, Worcestershire sauce, salt and red pepper seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; keep warm.
3. Combine cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses on wax paper; reserve.
4. Preheat oven to hot, 400 degrees.
5. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Using separate tongs, dip tortillas, 2 at a time, into oil, turning once; keep in oil long enough to soften, about 30 seconds. Drain on paper toweling.
6. Arrange a tortilla on each of 6 oven proof plates. Spoon 1/3 cup Spicy Ground Beef on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture. Pour 1/4 cup Colorado Sauce over each. Repeat with another tortilla, layer of beef, cheese and sauce. Top each with third tortilla. Pour 1/2 cup Colorado Sauce over each torte, covering it completely. Sprinkle each evenly with 1/3 cup of the cheese. Place plates on two baking sheets.
7. Bake in preheated oven, 400 degrees, for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce bubbles.
8. Remove from oven; place olive in center of each torte. Garnish with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.
SPICY GROUND BEEF: Brown 1 1/2 pounds ground round in medium size skillet. Stir in 1 cup chopped onion, 1 (3 oz.) can drained chopped green jalapeno peppers, 1 large clove garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon crumbled leaf oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Core, seed and dice 3 medium size tomatoes. Stir into skillet; keep warm. Makes 4 cups.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|