HOLIDAY COOKIES (99)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
MORTON® SALT (13)
BUDGET STRETCHERS (13)
BREADS AND ROLLS (43)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|COUNTRY POTATO BREAD|
Preparation time: 30 minutes. Rising time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Baking time: 35 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees. Yields: 3 loaves, 48 slices.
2 pkgs. active dry yeast
3 c. warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 c. instant nonfat dry milk powder
1 c. instant potato flakes
1/2 c. butter, melted
6 1/2 to 7 1/2 c. bread or unbleached all-purpose flour
1. In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water. Add the sugar. Let stand 5 minutes until yeast begins to form a foam.
2. Stir in salt, dry milk powder, potato flakes, butter and half the flour. Beat until smooth and glossy.
3. Stir in additional flour to make a stiff dough that pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
4. On floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in greased bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Punch dough down. Turn out onto very lightly oiled surface. Divide dough into 3 parts. Shape into three round loaves. Place on greased cookie sheets with smooth side up. Cover. Let rise until puffy. Brush tops of loaves with water. Dust with flour. With sharp knife, slash an X on each loaf.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until loaves sound hollow. Cool on wire racks.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|