LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
SUMMER COOLERS (34)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CHICKEN WAIKIKI BEACH|
I got this recipe from an old, old recipe card file. When you are done experimenting, let me know how it turns out.
2 whole chicken legs and 2 whole chicken breasts
1/2 c. flour
1/3 c. salad oil or shortening
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (1 lb., 4 oz.) can sliced pineapple
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
3/4 c. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 lg. green pepper, cut crosswise in 1/4 inch circles
1. Wash chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Coat chicken with flour.
2. Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and brown on all sides. Remove as browned to shallow roasting pan, arranging pieces skin side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Make Sauce: Drain pineapple, pouring syrup into 2-cup measure. Add water to make 1 1/4 cups.
5. In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, pineapple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and bouillon cube; bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes. Pour over chicken.
6. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Add pineapple slices and green pepper; bake 30 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender. Serve with fluffy white rice. Makes 4 servings.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|