|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|HADLEY'S NO PORK LOW CHOLESTEROL|
1 med. onion, peeled & whole
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. hot sauce (Louisiana style)
2 lg. smoked turkey wings
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 c. Promise butter
2 lg. bags fresh chopped collards or 2 bunches fresh collard greens
If you use fresh chopped greens, rinse twice in clear water in 2 large pots and drain.
If you use whole fresh leaf greens
1. Check for bad leaves and possible bugs (yum).
2. Cut large stems off back and bottom of each leaf.
3. Wash each leaf by leaf with either salty water or 1 1/2 teaspoon dish liquid in a clean sink or pot of water.
4. Rinse thoroughly (repeat process of rinsing).
5. Chop greens by cutting up leaves until very small.
6. Start to a boil 1 quart water with turkey wings and butter and onion. Add greens and cook medium high for 1 hour. Add hot sauce, vinegar, sugar and continue to cook until tender, 30 minutes or more.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|