|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|STEAK AND MUSHROOM SOUP|
2/3 c. olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. dark brown sugar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb. steak, cut into 1 inch cubes (rib-eye steak will do)
3 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. butter
3 med. onions, 1/2 coarsely chopped and 1/2 thinly sliced
2 carrots, scraped and thinly sliced
2 sm. ribs celery, cut in thin slices
1 lb. mushrooms, thickly sliced
6 to 8 c. beef bouillon
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 bay leaf
1 1/4 lb. escarole - washed and cut into bite size pieces
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and add the steak cubes. Be sure all of them are submerged. Set aside for 1 hour or overnight.
2. Meanwhile heat half of the olive oil and butter in a stockpot. Add the chopped onion, carrot and celery. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until they are just wilted. Remove the vegetable from the pot and set aside.
3. Wipe out any bits of vegetables from the pot and add the remaining oil and butter.
4. Take the steak out of the marinade and dry the cubes with paper towels. Sprinkle them with Wondra, discard the excess flour. Heat the oil and butter in the pot, add the steak and brown the cubes, being careful they do not burn. Remove the steak from the pot and set aside.
5. Return the cooked vegetables and mushrooms to the pot along with the raw sliced onions. Add 6 cups of bouillon, salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. To finish the soup, add the steak and escarole and bouillon if needed and simmer until the soup is hot and the escarole cooked barely. 6 servings.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|
Have your own version of this recipe? Share it here