|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|PINEAPPLE COTTAGE CHEESE CAKE|
2 c. finely crushed corn flakes
1/2 c. butter, melted
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. gelatin
1/2 c. cold water
3 eggs, separated
1/2 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1 lb. cottage cheese
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Grated rind of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. crushed pineapple
1/2 c. cream, whipped
1. To make the crust, mix together the corn flake crumbs, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Press firmly on the bottom and sides of a spring form pan. Reserve a little of the crust to sprinkle on top of the cake.
2. Soak the gelatin in the cold water for five minutes.
3. In the top of a double boiler, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and salt. Stir in milk and place over simmering water. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is creamy.
4. Add the gelatin and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
5. Mix in the cottage cheese, lemon juice and rind, vanilla and pineapple. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and whipped cream. Pour into crust and chill until firm. Serves 8.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|