HOLIDAY COOKIES (99)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
QUICK BREADS (17)
MORTON® SALT (13)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|FOOD PROCESSOR FRENCH BREAD|
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Rising time: 1 to 2 hours. Baking time: 25 to 30 minute at 450 degrees and 400 degrees. Yields: 16 to 24 slices. (2 loaves.)
1 1/2 pkgs. active dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
1 tsp. sugar
3 1/2 c. unbleached flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1 c. warm water
1 egg white
1 tbsp. water
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water with 1 teaspoon sugar in small bowl. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
2. Combine flour, salt and remaining sugar in food processor. Blend.
3. Add yeast mixture. Blend 5 seconds. With machine running, slowly add 1 cup warm water. Process until dough is smooth and elastic, about 15 seconds, turning machine on and off.
4. Turn dough onto lightly floured board. Knead gently.
5. Place dough in greased bowl. Cover. Let rise until doubled, 50 minutes. Punch down.
6. Divide dough in half. Roll each into rectangle. Roll up from long side, pinching to seal. Place in greased flute or baguette pans.
7. Cover. Let rise in warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Cut 3 or 4 diagonal slashes in top of each loaf.
8. After about 30 minutes, place 2 racks, 1 in the middle and 1 in the lower quarters of oven. Place shallow baking pan with 1 cup boiling water on lower rack. When dough is doubled, brush lightly with water. Place on rack in middle of oven.
9. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
10. Reduce heat to 400 degrees. Bake 5 minutes. Remove pan of water. Brush bread with egg white beaten with water.
11. Bake 10 minutes longer until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|