|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 c. candied cherries
1/2 c. diced dates
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. nuts (almonds, walnuts, Brazil nuts or pecans)
1/2 c. coconut
1/4 c. brandy, rum or fruit-flavored liqueur for soaking cake (optional)
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt, reserving 4 tablespoons of flour to dust the fruit.
2. Beat in milk, vanilla and almond extract until a smooth cake batter forms.
3. Combine cherries, dates, raisins, nuts, and coconut with the reserved flour. Fold into cake batter.
4. Grease an flour a fancy ring cake mold that holds 4 cups, or 1 loaf-type bread pan. Turn batter into pan and smooth top.
5. Bake at 275 degrees for 2 hours or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. (Baking time varies with size of pan). Cool cake thoroughly and slide out of pan.
6. If desired, sprinkle cake with your choice of liqueur. Slice thinly to serve.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|