HOLIDAY COOKIES (99)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
QUICK BREADS (17)
PASTA LOVERS (27)
COMFORT FOODS (100)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|BAKED BRIE IN PHYLLO|
1/4 c. apricot preserves; optional
1/2 lb. wheel Brie or Camembert cheese
1/2 lb frozen phyllo dough, 10-12 sheets, thawed
1/2 c. butter, melted
Fresh dill weed; optional
Red and green grapes; optional
Apples, sliced; optional
Pears, sliced; optional
1. Spread preserves on top of the Brie.
2. Wrap the Brie in thawed phyllo dough one sheet at a time, brushing each sheet with melted butter. (Keep unused phyllo covered with damp cloth while wrapping Brie.)
3. Turn cheese over after applying each sheet of phyllo for even distribution.
4. Brush phyllo-wrapped Brie with butter.
5. Cover; refrigerate.
6. Before serving, place the phyllo-wrapped cheese in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 425 degree oven 8-12 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes. Garnish with optional dill weed and fruit if desired. Serve with crackers.
Baby Brie in Phyllo: Prepare Baked Brie in Phyllo as directed above except use 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, substitute two 4 1/2 ounce packages Brie or Camembert cheese for the 2 pound wheel; use 1/4 pound phyllo dough (six sheets) and 1/4 cup melted butter.
Combine as above, dividing preserved, phyllo, and butter between the cheese rounds. Makes 2 rounds, 8-10 servings each.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|