LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
BUDGET STRETCHERS (13)
CHICKEN WINGS (63)
QUICK BREADS (17)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CHOCOLATE ZEBRA CHEESECAKE|
1 1/2 c. chocolate wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers)
3 tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 (6 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate pieces (1/2 c.)
4 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
5 lg. eggs
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. heavy or whipping cream
1 1/2 (8 oz.) pkgs. semi-sweet chocolate squares (12 - 1 oz. squares)
8 oz. white chocolate
Sweetened whipped cream
Maraschino cherries & mint leaves for garnish
Or use 3 (3 oz.) Swiss confectionery bars or 1 1/2 (6 oz.) packages white baking bar.
Early in day or day ahead:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9" x 3" springform pan. In bowl, mix chocolate wafer crumbs and butter; firmly press onto bottom of springform pan for crust. Bake crust 12 to 15 minutes. Remove crust from oven; sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand several minutes until chocolate pieces soften, then spread softened chocolate evenly over crust. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. In small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt; gradually beat into cream cheese until blended. With mixer at low speed, gradually beat in eggs, sour cream, vanilla and 1 cup of heavy cream until blended and smooth.
3. Divide batter evenly into 2 (4 - 8 cup) measuring cups or other containers with pouring spout. In small saucepan over low heat, melt 8 squares semi- sweet chocolate. In another small saucepan over very low heat, melt white chocolate. Stir melted semi-sweet chocolate into batter in 1 measuring cup and stir melted white chocolate into batter in second measuring cup.
4. To create "zebra" design, pour half of dark batter into springform pan. Holding white batter about 2 feet above pan, pour about half of batter directly into center of dark batter (pouring from this height will cause batter in center of cake to be pushed toward edge of pan, forming zebra or bull's eye design). Repeat procedure 3 times, decreasing the amounts of batter each time and pouring from high above pan only into center, ending with white batter. (Top of cake should look like a series of concentric circles.)
5. Bake cheesecake 30 minutes. Turn oven control to 225 degrees and bake 1 hour and 45 minutes longer or until center is set. Turn off oven; let cheesecake remain in oven 1 hour. Remove cheesecake from oven. Run thin bladed spatula or knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen from side of pan. Cool cake in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate cheesecake at least 6 hours or until well chilled.
About 1 hour before serving:
6. Prepare glaze: In 1 quart saucepan over medium heat, heat remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream until small bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in remaining 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate until melted and smooth. Cool glaze 10 minutes. Meanwhile, carefully remove cake from pan to cake plate; with spatula, spread glaze over top and side. Refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes until glaze is set. If you like, garnish with whipped cream, Maraschino cherries and mint. Makes 20 servings.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|