QUICK BREADS (17)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|EASY HOT AND SOUR SOUP|
4 cups chicken stock or broth (or 4 cups water and 4 chicken bouillon cubes)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup cooked shredded chicken or pork
1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
1/2 tablespoon garlic chili sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup canned bamboo shoots, julienned
3 oz block of tofu, cut into 1/4 inch dice
2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water
1 egg, beaten
2 green onion stalks, diced (including tops)
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1. Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a 2-quart saucepan.
2. Add soy sauce, shredded meat, mushrooms and garlic red chili paste.
3. Simmer for five minutes.
4. Add white pepper, white vinegar, bamboo shoots, tofu.
5. Simmer for five minutes.
6. Combine two tablespoons of cornstarch with two tablespoons of cold water in a cup. Stir until mixture is smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to soup and stir well.
7. Simmer for five minutes until soup is thickened.
8. Beat egg in a cup until yolk and white are combined. Pour beaten egg slowly, in a fine stream into soup. Stir soup several times.
9. Wait 30 seconds.
10. Add green onions and sesame oil to soup. Stir well. Remove from heat.
11. Serve hot.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|
Have your own version of this recipe? Share it here