LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
HOLIDAY COOKIE (99)
QUICK BREADS (29)
SALAD DRESSINGS (17)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, well rinsed & patted dry
8 red or white pearl onions, unpeeled
8 tiny patty pan squash
8 tiny zucchini
3/4 c. olive oil
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
8 lg. cloves garlic
1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
8 cherry tomatoes
8 long sprigs rosemary
1. Slice the chicken into 1 1/2" thick slices.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. With a sharp knife, cut a small "X" in the root end of each onion. Drop the onions into gently boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and peel.
3. Bring another saucepan of water to a gentle boil. Drop in the patty pan squash and zucchini and cook for 3 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
4. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken, pearl onions, patty pan and zucchini. Toss well, cover loosely and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Prepare hot coals for grilling.
6. Roll up a piece of chicken and slide it onto a long metal skewer. Follow it with an onion, patty pan, zucchini, another piece of chicken, a cherry tomato and a garlic clove from the marinade. Repeat with 7 more skewers. Wrap a sprig of fresh rosemary around each skewer.
7. Place the skewers 3" from the coals and grill, turning once, 8 to 10 minutes. Serves 4.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|