BAKING FAVORITES (25)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|SWEET PICKLE RELISH|
4 c. ground cucumbers, unpeeled (about 4)
1 c. ground green bell pepper (about 2)
1/2 c. ground red bell pepper (about 1)
3 c. finely diced celery
1/4 c. salt
3 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. white vinegar
1 tbsp. celery seed
1 tbsp. mustard seed
1. Grind vegetables in a food grinder using coarsest blade.
2. Combine all vegetables in large bowl; sprinkle with salt and cover with cold water. Let stand 4 hours. Drain thoroughly in a colander, then press out liquid.
3. Combine sugar, vinegar, celery seed and mustard seed. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Stir in drained vegetables. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Immediately pack into clean hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace; seal.
5. Process for 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Yield: 6 pints.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|