|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|STEAMED BUNS WITH BBQ PORK|
1 1/2 cups warm water (95°F)
3 teaspoons active dry yeast (or 1 packet)
3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
4 cups white bread flour
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces shredded cooked pork or chicken
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
1/4 teaspoon five spice powder
1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1. Stir yeast and 1 tablespoon of sugar into 1-1/2 cups of warm water (95°F.). Let stand for 15-minutes.
2. Mix yeast water, 2 more tablespoons of sugar, flour, cooking oil, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl. Stir until dough forms.
3. Knead dough for 10-minutes.
4. Allow dough to rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 hours.
5. Punch dough down and divide into 12 pieces.
6. Roll each piece of dough into a ball, then flatten into a 6-inch circle.
7. Place 1 tablespoon of meat mixture in center of dough and pull dough up over filling and pinch seams closed to form filled bun.
8. Place buns on parchment paper.
9. Allow to rise in warm place 1 hour, until doubled in size.
10. Steam buns, in steamer, over boiling water for 20-minutes.
11. Remove from steamer. When cool enough to handle, remove parchment paper from bottom.
12. Serve warm.
Bun Filling:1. Place all ingredients in food processor.
2. Process until ingredients are blended and chopped fine.
3. Use 1 tablespoon of mixture per bun.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|
Have your own version of this recipe? Share it here