I LOVE CHICKEN (80)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|VEAL AND PEPPERS ITALIAN STYLE|
1 lb. veal stew, cut into 3/4" cubes
1 med. size onion, chopped
1 lg. bell pepper, cut julienne style
2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 c. sauterne wine
1 tsp. oregano leaves
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 c. blended oil
1 (#303) can tomatoes (28 oz.), crushed by hand
Salt & black pepper to taste
1. Place oil in a saute pan, season veal with salt and pepper and saute until lightly brown.
2. Remove veal from the fire and strain off all of the drippings. Keep veal warm in a dish.
3. Add another 2 tablespoons oil and saute onions until translucent, add the garlic and saute until it imparts its aroma. Add chopped parsley, shake pan and let cook several minutes.
4. Return veal to the pan and saute together with the other ingredients several minutes.
5. Add the wine, return to a simmer, cover and lower heat and let simmer gently for about 5 minutes. Remove cover and reduce wine until almost completely reduced.
6. While the veal is cooking (Step 5) saute tomatoes in 2 tablespoons of oil, season with salt and pepper and cook until tomatoes are sweet and tender (5 to 8 minutes).
7. Combine tomatoes with the veal and let simmer together for about 8 to 10 minutes. Adding the oregano and the crushed pepper.
8. While the veal is cooking, in another pan saute the peppers, with 1 clove of chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook peppers until translucent.
9. Drain peppers of all oil and combine with the veal and let cook several more minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
10. Serve with a side of egg noodles or on a bed of the noodles. 4 servings.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|