HOLIDAY COOKIES (99)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
QUICK BREADS (29)
SLOW COOKER (11)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CHICKEN BREASTS PIEDMONT STYLE|
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can (28 oz.) Italian style tomatoes
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
2 tsp. basil, crushed
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. white pepper
3 chicken breasts
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/4 c. butter
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp. butter
6 slices Swiss cheese
1. For sauce, melt butter in heavy saucepan; saute onion and garlic until tender but not brown. Coarsely chop tomatoes; add to onion along with liquid from can. Add tomato paste and seasonings. Simmer uncovered, 30 minutes.
2. For chicken, skin and split breasts; remove bones. Pound breasts between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Combine flour, salt and pepper; coat chicken breasts.
3. Melt butter in heavy skillet; saute chicken over medium heat until golden brown and done, 5 to 6 minutes aside. Remove to shallow baking dish.
4. Saute mushrooms lightly in 1 tablespoon butter; arrange on chicken breasts. Top each breast with a slice of cheese.
5. Place under broiler; broil just until cheese melts. Spoon a few tablespoons Red Sauce over each chicken breast. Pass remaining sauce.
Note: Leftover Red Sauce may be frozen.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|