I LOVE CHICKEN (80)
BEST CAKES (117)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|PAELLA - ROY'S VERSION|
1/3 c. olive oil
3 lbs. chicken legs
1/2 - 3/4 lb. chorizo
1 lb. (26 count) shrimp, tails on
2 lg. yellow onions, half slice into slivers, the rest chopped
1 red bell pepper, cored, sliced lengthwise
1 sweet green pepper, sliced as above
3 bay leaves
4 lobster tails, halved (you can use monk fish - parboil it)
1 1/2 c. Italian tomatoes, drained, cut up
3 c. converted rice
2 cans (24 oz.) chicken stock
1 1/2 bottles clam juice
1 pkg. frozen peas (10 oz.)
Salt and fresh ground pepper
16 little neck clams
1 1/2 c. white wine
1 tsp. paprika
3/4 tsp. saffron, crushed and steeped with 2 tbsp. hot water
1/4 lb. smoked ham, cut julienne style
1. Fry chorizo. It will split and have a lot of fat. Cool and slice.
2. Drain fat and fry chicken. May need to microwave for 15 minutes. Remove to separate plate.
3. Steep clams and mussels after they have been cleaned and debearded, no more than enough time to have them open. Discard any that don't open. Set aside.
4. Add shrimp and lobster. Fry 2 minutes at the most. These should be red at the end of cooking. If using monk fish, parboil with shell fish. Remove to a separate plate.
5. Add onion, pepper, cut up tomatoes, garlic (crushed) and peppers, cook about 5 minutes. Stir in rice and cook until translucent.
6. Add stocks, bay leaf and wine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender but not done, about 20 minutes. Stir often.
7. Stir in peas, salt and pepper, paprika, saffron and ham. Let sit. Transfer to LARGE serving pan. This will be your serving pan.
8. Stir in shrimp and monk fish (if used), bury chorizo rounds, place end of drumsticks to form a large circle. Push clams and mussels into rice mixture, hinge side down. Now's where you become creative, make a pattern to something. Set lobster (if used) meaty side down.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, 350 degree preheated oven.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|
Have your own version of this recipe? Share it here