THANKSGIVING SIDES (32)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
QUICK BREADS (17)
BUDGET STRETCHERS (13)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|SOPA DE BACALAO|
2 lbs. filet of bacaloa (dried cod)
3 med. size onions, chopped
2 lg. ribs celery, chopped
2 med. size carrots, chopped
3 lg. cloves garlic, mashed
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning or fines herbs
1 c. long grain rice
Piece of calabaza (opt.)
Soak Bacalao overnight, change water once in the process.
1. Place to boil in a 6 quart Dutch oven with 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of water. When it comes to a simmer, cover and let cook 15 to 20 minutes. (Do not over cook.) Remove, place in a covered dish. NOTE: Taste water to see if too salty, if so, spill some off and replace with fresh water.
2. Cut carrots, celery, onions into 1/2" dice.
3. Mash garlic in mortar with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
4. Open can of tomato sauce.
1. Return soup pot to fire with approximately 1 1/2 quarts of stock, add a sufficient amount of water to make up for the difference if stock is lacking. Return to a simmer.
2. Add the carrots, celery, onions and the garlic mix. Adjust fire and let simmer gently.
3. When vegetables are slightly tender, add the rice, stir and return to a simmer, adjust fire and cover. Let cook until rice is tender.
4. Crumble Bacalao, add to soup. Stir and return to a simmer. Adjust liquid, and seasonings if needed.
5. Remove from fire immediately. Serve piping hot!
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|