|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
1 c. rolled oats
1 c. buttermilk
1/3 c. shortening
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. sifted flour (1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 to 3/4 c. pureed fruit (banana, applesauce, pineapple)
Spice to taste
1/2 c. raisins
1. Soak rolled oats and buttermilk for at least an hour.
2. Mix together shortening, sugar and egg.
3. Add flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Add fruit, spices to taste and raisins.
5. Put in greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown (20-25 minutes). 12 dozen muffins. Good keepers.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|