|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|COOL RISE RAPID MIX WHITE BREAD|
5 1/2-6 1/2 c. flour
2 pkg. yeast
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. salt
1/4 c. butter (1/2 stick)
2 1/4 c. warm tap water
1. Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Stir well to blend. Add soft butter.
2. Add warm tap water to ingredients in bowl all at once.
3. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Add 1 cup more flour. Beat with electric mixer at high speed for 1 minute. Scrape sides of bowl occasionally.
5. Stir in remaining flour gradually with wooden spoon. Use just enough flour to make a soft dough which leaves sides of bowl. Turn out onto floured board. Round up into a ball.
6. Divide dough into 2 or 3 equal portions.
7. Knead 5-10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
8. Cover with plastic wrap; then a towel.
9. Let rest for 15-20 minutes on board. Punch down.
10. Shape each portion into a loaf.
11. Place in bread pans which have been greased.
12. Brush surface of dough with oil. Cover pan loosely with plastic wrap.
13. Refrigerate 2 to 48 hours. When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator. Uncover. (If you want to bake it immediately, let rise in a warm place for about an hour.)
14. Let stand for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven, if necessary.
15. Puncture any surface bubbles with an oiled toothpick just before baking.
16. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until done. Bake on a lower oven rack position for best results.
17. Remove from pan immediately. Cool on rack.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|