|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN STRIPS|
1/4 c. milk
1/2 c. plain yogurt
1 lb. skinless, boned chicken breasts, cut into strips about 3 x 1/2 x 1/2 inches
3/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. leaf thyme, crumbled
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. ground hot red pepper
1. Combine milk and yogurt in bowl. Add chicken strips. Toss to mix.
2. Combine flour, thyme, salt, pepper and ground hot pepper on waxed paper; stir to mix.
3. Pour 1/4 inch oil into heavy skillet. Heat over medium high heat.
4. Toss coated chicken strips, a few pieces at a time, in flour mixture.
5. Add strips when oil is hot (about 325 degrees). Working in batches, fry until chicken is browned on both sides. Remove from oil; drain on paper towels. Makes 4 servings.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|