|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|MAMA'S SOUTHERN CORNBREAD DRESSING|
2 c. yellow cornmeal
2/3 c. plain flour
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/3 c. milk
2 eggs, beaten
6 tbsp. Puritan oil
1 tbsp. sugar (optional)
1 1/2 c. celery, chopped
1 1/2 c. onion, chopped
3 c. turkey or chicken broth
1 tsp. sage, ground
1. Brown onion, celery and sage in a skillet (sprayed with cooking spray) until just tender. Set aside.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Add milk and egg; stir together. Add oil and mix thoroughly. Add onion and celery mixture.
3. Pour into a greased 10 inch iron skillet that hs been preheated in a 450 degree oven.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
5. Crumble up cornbread in a large bowl. Add broth until soaked. Add enough broth so that the dressing doesn't dry out in the second cooking. Bake again in a casserole dish for 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|