LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
LUCKY LEAF® (10)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|QUICK BEEF STROGANOFF|
There are many ways to prepare Stroganoff, but all cooks agree on 2 ingredients: beef and sour cream. For best results, you should use tender meat and it must be cooked quickly to remain tender. Preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes.
FOR 4 SERVINGS YOU WILL NEED:
1 1/2 lbs. beef (tenderloin or top sirloin)
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1 sm. onion, minced
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 c. sour cream
Hot buttered noodles
Chopped parsley & sauteed mushroom caps for garnish
1. Cut meat into 1/4 x 2 inch strips.
2. Mix flour with the salt. Toss meat with mixture.
3. Heat butter in heavy frying pan. Add garlic and onion. Saute until garlic is lightly browned. Spoon out and reserve.
4. Add meat to same pan, a few pieces at a time. Brown quickly and keep pieces as separate as possible to prevent "stewing" the meat.
5. When all meat is browned, return onion and garlic to pan. Sprinkle with paprika and pepper. Blend well. Fold in the sour cream. Heat slowly; do not boil.
6. Serve over hot buttered noodles. Garnish with parsley and butter- sauteed mushrooms caps. Good served with: Green vegetables or a tossed green salad and bread.
TIPS: For economy, use the center part of a chuck roast. This is the strip of meat just between the flat bone and the rib eye. You may need to save strips from 3 to 4 roasts to prepare Beef Stroganoff.
FOR 2 SERVINGS: Half of the ingredients. FOR 8 SERVINGS: Double the ingredients but use only 4 to 5 tablespoons butter.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|