THANKSGIVING SIDES (32)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
HOLIDAY COOKIE (99)
BEST CAKES (117)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|GINGERED FRIED TURKEY THIGHS|
Bake-fry turkey thighs into crisp, golden-brown servings. Ginger and cayenne season the coating mixture and sherry and sesame seeds create the topping. The turkey is removed from the oven and rolled in a soy and garlic sauce before serving. For 4 servings you will need:
4 turkey thighs, 1 lb. each, skinned
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. ground ginger
Pinch cayenne pepper
1/4 c. sherry
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
Watercress & red pepper slices for garnish
1. Cut each turkey thigh in half, removing bone in remaining half. Brush each piece with the oil.
2. Combine flour, ginger and cayenne pepper. Coat turkey with mixture.
3. Generously oil a baking dish with the oil, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the bottom. Place turkey in dish, turning to coat with oil.
4. Bake fry at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn each piece, basting with the sherry. Add a little more oil, if dry. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Continue baking 15-20 minutes longer until crisp and browned.
5. Remove turkey with tongs. Coat well in Dipping Sauce. Arrange on a platter with fresh watercress and red pepper slices.
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. minced fresh ginger root, optional
Combine together and mix well.
Tips: When bake - frying, the meat does not splatter nor does it become greasy. It cooks crisp, golden brown and juicy. Use this method also for a cut-up chicken.
Good served with: Rice pilaf, avocado and Romano salad and fresh baked plums. For 2 servings: Half of the ingredients. For 8 servings: Double the ingredients.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|