LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
BREADS AND ROLLS (43)
SLOW COOKER (11)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
2 c. unsifted all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 c. shortening
1 c. buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Into medium bowl, sift flour with baking powder, salt and soda. With pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Make well in center; pour in milk all at once. Stir with fork just until blended.
4. For drop biscuits: drop dough by tablespoonsful, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 14 to 16.
Sift 1 teaspoon dry mustard with the dry ingredients. Stir in 3/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese before adding milk. Proceed as directed.
Stir 1/3 cup crumbled, crisp-cooked bacon into dry ingredients before adding milk. Proceed as directed.
Stir 1/4 cup snipped, fresh chives or parsley into dry ingredients before adding milk. Proceed as directed.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|